Question

Playbar tells me sub connected but no sound from the sub

• 14 April 2017
  • 4 replies

I have gone through the set up stage many times and each time my app tells me the sub is connected
However there is no sound from the sub ( I've checked level settings etc)
Anybody have a similar problem?
It's driving me nuts!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

It happens when the the port is not properly connected to the USB.
What source are you playing when you're checking the SUB? What other speakers do you have in your system? Is your system set up as Boost (one speaker or bridge/boost wired to the router) or Standard (all speakers hanging off of wifi)? Do you have a Playbar/Playbase? Have you run Trueplay against your system?

Finally, have you submitted a diagnostic from your system? If so, you should post the number here in these boards, or call in to their phone line with the number, there's a significant chance that you'll get the help you need if you do so, since it provides a certain amount of log files to those folks to look at, which might help diagnose the issue.
Okay I have solved my problem (just gotta wait for my hair to grow back)!

I had updated my router and this played havoc with the Sonos (playbar and sub).

In the end the solution I applied may sound a bit "solution 101" to many reading this, but a learning for me.

I went back to my new router and gave it the identical name as my old router. With this change all my 11 devices connected automatically and I just went through the sonos set up and all worked perfectly...just as it did when I first bought it home and introduced it to my network.
Glenn
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Okay I have solved my problem (just gotta wait for my hair to grow back)!

I had updated my router and this played havoc with the Sonos (playbar and sub).

In the end the solution I applied may sound a bit "solution 101" to many reading this, but a learning for me.

I went back to my new router and gave it the identical name as my old router. With this change all my 11 devices connected automatically and I just went through the sonos set up and all worked perfectly...just as it did when I first bought it home and introduced it to my network.
Glenn

Hey glenndrake - I'm happy to hear you were able to get this issue resolved. If you would like I'm more than happy to review a diagnostic to give your system a health check.