Playbar stops responding to Samsung remote, eventually starts working again

• 16 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have a playbar and a Samsung 6500 series from a few years ago. 

When I set the system up, the remote worked perfectly controlling the playbar. And it's been fine 99% of the time.

Every so often, I'll notice the playbar isn't responding to the volume anymore.  And that's it. I can't fix it. Batteries in the remote, moving closer, re-setring the remote in the TV or power cycling the playbar, playing with the remote settings in the app. Nothing works.

I have a second one of these TVs and that remote usually works on this pkaybar, but when this happens the other remote does not work here. (the "problematic" remote works fine on the other TV). 

Eventually, after a couple days, it works again. 

So I'm pretty sure the playbar is the problem. Any ideas? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Investigate the possibility that stray light is confusing PLAYBAR. Is this issue related to time of day? Try blocking PLAYBAR’s IR sensor from receiving light from certain directions. As a trial this can be done with pieces of cardboard or index cards. The first trial should be blocking light from the TV.