Playbar stopped playing sound thru tv. Works fine streaming music

• 14 March 2017
  • 2 replies

I've checked the optical and re powered it

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Have you checked the audio settings in the TV? Make sure the TV (and anything sending data to it, cable box, game console, dvd player, etc) are locked to Dolby Digital.

When I moved recently, I had one of my TVs reset the settings I'd input into it before I moved. It must have changed somehow with a power surge or something when I plugged it in at the new place. It took me a few minutes to troubleshoot the issue, since it had been working fine at my old place.

I'm assuming since you say you checked the optical that you made sure both ends are seated (clicked) in properly. And when you checked the speaker end, there was indeed a red light coming out?

Finally, if none of these suggestions help, you may want to submit a system diagnostic and post the number here, which will help the folks from Sonos look a little bit more closely at your system for things beyond what I can guess at.
it's working now. Thanks!