Playbar starts playing radio at random times.

• 17 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Playbar will randomly start playing. No alarms set. Happens at all hours of the day. Captured a diagnostic just for third time this morning. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Longhorn Acres, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to know about what’s happening with your Sonos Playbar. Thanks for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking the report, it doesn’t detect any issues on your Playbar. Oddly, it does this at random times without any alarms set. I’ll ask some questions to further check on this issue.

• Does it happen when you’re playing or watching on TV or Music or it doesn’t matter whichever is playing? or it just randomly plays.
  • Does it play any specific content or radio station when it turns on and plays the sound?
  • When did it start happening that it’s doing these random plays?
  • Did you make any changes to the settings on your Sonos App or the Playbar before the issue occurred?

Answers to these questions will help us check further what is causing this issue. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Thanks for your help. I does happen when watching TV occasionally. It will just switch from the TV input to the station. It’s always the same station -- OPB Radio from TuneIn. It did it again twice last night. I submitted those diagnostic reports as well.

I can’t pin-point any changes that may have cause it. It’s been happening for several weeks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Longhorn Acres, Thanks for the update and the information that you provided. We’ll take this further as we can’t determine where this issue is coming from. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.