Answered

Playbar - Sonos One SL - Surround Stopped Working

• 10 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi

We are using a Playbar connected with 2 x One SL in a surround setup on 2.4Ghz. 
The setup has been working well, but time to time the sound disappears in the One SL. 
However I can pause/play the sound on the Playbar from the button on the SL.

Sometimes it helps rebooting both router and Sonos devices, but now I am not able to get sound in the SL’s. 
I have also tried to remove the surround setting from the Playbar and reconfigure. 
Nothing helped. 
I have sent diagnostics with the ticket: 1679645150

Best Regards Martin

icon

Best answer by MonkeyMalle 13 April 2022, 16:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Update:

The problem was not that the devices was not on WiFi. All devices could be reached on my mesh device. 
I had connection to all devices and WiFi was enabled. 
After a support session with Sonos we located the issue after analyzing diagnostics and setup. 
My setup is (simplified): Router → Mesh → WiFi / LAN → Managed Switch

At some point one of my Play:1 was wired to a managed swich and accourding to Sonos support the devices are not “happy” with that setup. 
I needed to connect a device as close as possible to the router (wired setup) to create a stable SonosNet. 
Therefore I connected my Playbar direcly to the router and all other devices connected to SonosNet and surround speakers worked again. 
Best Regards Martin

When playing, the surrounds will communicate directly with your Playbar over a 5Ghz Ad-hoc wireless connection, so ensure the WiFi is ‘ON’ on each of the players… see this LINK and check that there isn’t anything in between/nearby that may interfere with the wireless connection (other Wifi products, Bluetooth device, vase of water/flowers or baby monitor etc.)

If issues persist, then I would chat/contact Sonos Support Staff via this LINK with your diagnostic report reference to see if there might be a hardware issue.