Answered

Playbar & sky q sd channels no sound

• 16 August 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi,

Had a Playbar for a while with no issues. Went away for 3 days, returned today and can’t get any audio on any sd channel or recording

I’ve had a sub and 2 x play 1’s connected for the last 6 months also, they are currently disconnected due to decorating (they are also removed from the system via the app)

Very frustrating as I can find lots of old threads with no resolutions on this issue but now it’s plaguing me

My optical cable comes from tv to Playbar as I use other inputs bedsides sky q (PS4 & switch and now I’ve just tested them they also do not output sound)

Any help would be appreciated

Diagnostic report #680847287
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 17 August 2018, 20:41

Just an update:

The problem has come back, it was working 2 minutes ago and now it’s just stopped

Try toggling the audio settings on your TV again. If this works, there's likely an issue with your TV's firmware. Please make sure your TV is running the most up to date firmware.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi,

Had a Playbar for a while with no issues. Went away for 3 days, returned today and can’t get any audio on any sd channel or recording

I’ve had a sub and 2 x play 1’s connected for the last 6 months also, they are currently disconnected due to decorating (they are also removed from the system via the app)

Very frustrating as I can find lots of old threads with no resolutions on this issue but now it’s plaguing me

My optical cable comes from tv to Playbar as I use other inputs bedsides sky q (PS4 & switch and now I’ve just tested them they also do not output sound)

Any help would be appreciated

Diagnostic report #680847287

Thanks for sending in the report. Your PLAYBAR is reporting that it is receiving a stereo signal from the optical input. Normally this means the PLAYBAR should be able to play audio. Have you tried playing audio from any music services instead of the TV?

Another test would be to try bypassing the TV and wiring your PLAYBAR directly into your cable box or one of the other devices that have optical outputs. Do you get audio in this setup?
Thanks for the reply

Music works totally fine through the sonos app

I have managed to get the sound working again by changing the audio output on the tv back to tv speakers then back to optical

Unsure if this is just a temporary fix for me but I’ll update the thread with any occourances

As a note, I have noticed that when changing from hd to sd channels there is a delay of about a second and a half before the audio plays, whether this is a skyq issue or sonos I’m not sure
Just an update:

The problem has come back, it was working 2 minutes ago and now it’s just stopped
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Just an update:

Try toggling the audio settings on your TV again. If this works, there's likely an issue with your TV's firmware. Please make sure your TV is running the most up to date firmware.