Question

Playbar Set up

• 18 January 2017
  • 1 reply

I set up my Playbar on my Sharp Aquos TV. I have three components set up on this TV. The Playbar is connect to the Digital Audio Output. After setting it up only one of my components plays sound through the Playbar. It does not matter which HDMI I connect the components to, it will only play sound from the Direct TV box. My Time Warner cable box as well as my Samsung blu ray player will not play any sound. Does anyone have an suggestions, I would greatly appreciate them. Thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Check the audio settings on the devices that aren't creating any sound. I'm wiling to bet that they're sending DTS to the TV, which is passing or at least trying to pass it out to the Playbar. Unfortunately, the Playbar is restricted to Dolby Digital, and you should be restricting the TV output as well. But ideally, check every device to make sure it's not sending a "higher" signal to the TV.