Playbar problem - no audio, white light, doesn't appear in app

Hi there! Today the audio coming from my Playbar suddenly stopped working. It disappeared from the Sonos app, as well. After unplugging and re-plugging it in to perform a power cycle, the white light was on but remained solid. No blinking.

I tried power cycling a few more times, being sure to wait at least 10 seconds each time before re-plugging back in. No success.

During this process, I also tried resetting the internet router, but nothing improved. Also no system updates were available.

At this point, I’m not exactly sure what to do. I ran diagnostics; here is my confirmation number -- 95276220. Any help will be appreciated! Thank you in advance!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Try keeping the Playbar unplugged for about a minute and rebooting your phone.

Thanks GuitarSuperstar, unfortunately no help from your suggestions.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @veikoraim, welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you press the Volume + and Play/Pause buttons on the Playbar simultaneously, is there any response from the LED?

We’d typically expect the LED to flash orange - if there’s no change however, then it sounds like the Playbar has developed an issue booting up. It may be worth attempting a Factory Reset on the Playbar in this case, however I’d also recommend reaching out to our Support Team via either live chat or phone call :)

Thanks @Xander P , there is no led response from pressing Volume + and play/pause when connected, still solid white light. Attempting factory reset also does not work, as still solid white light persists, when reconnecting power while holding play/pause. Will contact Support team.

Just as an update, did not manage to contact support yet, and kept Playbar disconnected for a few days. After switching it back on white led light started blinking, app showed the Playbar as requiring update and after update all was back to normal. Happy days.