Answered

Playbar power supply diagram needed

• 22 August 2019
  • 31 replies

Badge +1
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 16 replies
hey !

Playbar PSU dead, anyone who has a Diagram? My technician friend says he need in order to figure out what component needs to be replaced.
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 22 August 2019, 21:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 7
Hey Dahl

Even if you are able to get a diagram of the Playbar electrical schematics you might consider calling Sonos to see what options they may offer. They may offer a replacement speaker for a nominal price.
Badge +1
Haha yeah 550eur for an replacement.... the part that needs to be replace has a cost of 1eur.

sonos customer service is a joke.

next time Bose, bought sonos for 4k and this is the service they’re offering.
Haha yeah 550eur for an replacement.... the part that needs to be replace has a cost of 1eur.

So tell me, what is Bose's repair policy?
Badge +1
Local service repairs.
Badge +1
I have no problem paying for a repair of the cost of component and labour. But this is just a joke.
Local service repairs.

Not under warranty it's not. And what is keeping you from using local service for Sonos?
Badge +1
Bose does repair after warranty locally here. Sonos has no repair shops in nordics nor spare parts sales to any service firms. I’d talked to serval; they don’t work with sonos, none of them are.

Sonos way of doing business is not really a “green” 2019 way of thinking. Hp, dell, etc all of the major pc vendors repairs their products after warranty off cause with a cost attached. But this is a rip-off.
Userlevel 1

I totally agree. When something stops working, it’s no longer acceptable to slide the entire thing into landfill.

My Soundbar just stopped working suddenly after about 5 years. The light still comes on, but it isn’t recognized by the system anymore. I wrote to Sonos support and their answer was to buy another one. Totally unacceptable in my mind.

Badge +1

I totally agree. When something stops working, it’s no longer acceptable to slide the entire thing into landfill.

My Soundbar just stopped working suddenly after about 5 years. The light still comes on, but it isn’t recognized by the system anymore. I wrote to Sonos support and their answer was to buy another one. Totally unacceptable in my mind.

This is a joke, had a friend look at it. Changed three components at the PSU total cost 15eur. 

now it works. Sonos havent even filled the blanks with components in order to save money. 

I just saved 500eur. Will never support sonos again. Joke of a company. 

Glad to hear you were able to get it fixed at reasonable cost. 👍

It's encouraging to see that more and more people tend to DIY or local repairs rather than just replacing basically still intact hifi components. 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Maybe you can state which parts you used?

Badge +1

Maybe you can state which parts you used?

yeah,  but it’s hard to guess what parts gets broken in another speaker in my speaker Some considers were

Hi Dahl,

I am exactly in the same situation, my playbar doesnt work anymore, after 4 years; SONOS is asking 559 € to change it, I would like to make the PSU change but I live in Paris, do you know somewhere I could find somebody doing that for me ?

many thanks in advance for your help

eric

Badge +1

Hi Dahl,

I am exactly in the same situation, my playbar doesnt work anymore, after 4 years; SONOS is asking 559 € to change it, I would like to make the PSU change but I live in Paris, do you know somewhere I could find somebody doing that for me ?

eric

Funny that this seems to happen a lot since they told me it never happens. I think any local technical person with soldered skills can fix it easy. 

Userlevel 2

Hi Dahl,

I just had the same and live in Stockholm. Any chance you could point me to where you got this repaired? I am totally in your camp, not looking to spend €550 on something that is like being refreshed soon anyway…

Badge +1

Hi Dahl,

I just had the same and live in Stockholm. Any chance you could point me to where you got this repaired? I am totally in your camp, not looking to spend €550 on something that is like being refreshed soon anyway…

jag drog en favour från en polare.. vars farbror är hardcore tekniker… rent krasst den är felkonstruerad 

Hello! 

I would appreciate any help recognising burnt parts on Power supply Board to Playbar 

I found out that:

R24, R19  - 100 Ω (01A)

D7 - BAT54C

R38 - 590 Ω (75A)

R34 - 12 kΩ (123)

(R20 - R23) - 0.15 Ω (R150)

R17 - 336

Still need to know values for

R18, R19, R228,

C24, C26, C27,  

kindly regards

Paul 

Hi paul,

do you have more info about the missing parts?

maybe we can help each other. I need also some info about parts.

R18

R19

c24

c26

anybody any contact in central europe for a repair of a PLAYBAR power supply ? (part is remove and ready to ship)

Or somebody told me that you could replace the power supply by one of a laptop 16 V ? where do you have to connect it ?

Badge +1

Hey Dahl

Even if you are able to get a diagram of the Playbar electrical schematics you might consider calling Sonos to see what options they may offer. They may offer a replacement speaker for a nominal price.

yeah 550Eur Vs 1EUR haha honestly this is not ok. 

Badge

The same problem, Sonos offer a discounted purchase not a solution. 

Badge +1

The same problem, Sonos offer a discounted purchase not a solution. 

Funny, they told me they never heard of this problem before 😂🤦🏼‍♂️

Badge

Hi Dahl,

eric

Funny that this seems to happen a lot since they told me it never happens. I think any local technical person with soldered skills can fix it easy. 

Please advise as to the solution you found, Sonos only help is buy another one!!!

Badge

Please advise as to the solution you found, Sonos only help is buy another one!!! This I will not do, I would rather buy another system and sell my9 other players.

Badge +1

I had a local technician replace parts for 10eur.

took him two hours to repair.