Answered

PLAYBAR Popping sound - Dolby - Changing Channels

• 8 September 2017
  • 2 replies

Good Day

Ive got a really annoying issue with my set up. Ive got a playbar 2 x play 1s and a sub in my living room, the issue im having feels new and as if its getting worse as the sonos system was working great when first installed.

When i turn on my TV the sound fails to pick up immediately or with a short delay, instead im met by a annoying popping burst noises coming from my play 1s, This can last anywhere between 2 seconds or 15 seconds before the tv sound finally picks up. It will also do it when i change channels, change inputs to fire tv etc and even rewinding shows. I use a virgin tivo box and fire tv as my main media sources and it happens on both these devices, incredibly annoying when i rewind a show because of missed dialogue and all i can hear is popping.

This issue doesnt appear to happen when i set my TV output to PCM, just on Dolby. But PCM sounds rubbish compared and as my playbar was working so great originally im not willing to setting.

My Diagnostic number is 7815456.

Please assist me, its painful to watch any tv at the moment with this issue.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 8 September 2017, 23:29

I would recommend that you hop on the latest beta by posting your diagnostic here:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/no-sound-on-certain-channels-after-system-update-today-6789926

There's some possibility (which I rank high) that your issue would be resolved by that new software.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I would recommend that you hop on the latest beta by posting your diagnostic here:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/no-sound-on-certain-channels-after-system-update-today-6789926

There's some possibility (which I rank high) that your issue would be resolved by that new software.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I added CosmicThomas to the beta on that other thread, going to close this one down, but if anyone else has trouble, please take a look at the link above from Airgetlam.