Answered

playbar optical input issue

• 22 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Have problems with play bar audio when watching tv. Have changed the optical cable, and rechecked connections. When watching tv, audio input is from tv to playbar via optical cable. 
the audio will start to skip at random times. If I flip the playbar around or set it down with a little force the sound becomes clear. Like a loose connection inside the play bar. Sometimes the skipping will start when changing inputs on the tv ( like Netflix back to cable) It’s not the optical cable as u can unplug and plug back in but the audio still skips  I can always get it to clear up after fumbling with the playbar  

FYI when the audio starts skipping I can switch the tv speakers back on and the sound via the tv speakers is clear. The audio from the sound bar is still skippy
any ideas?  Can it be repaired?

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 22 July 2022, 04:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Repair is iffy, you can try it yourself or see if a local shop will do it.

Before you try that contact Sonos support by phone and talk with them about your options, once you open it they will likely be less.