Question

Playbar drops sound

• 5 October 2016
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
I have a Playbar and SUB connected to a Samsung UHD-TV. (UE75HU7505 - firmware: 2330) My playbar will drop out 3-6 times during a 2 hour movie. This is very irritating. It happens when streaming from Mediacenter, Apple TV, and cable tuner. No difference between them. This is a TV-only problem, my other players are working fine.
Can you help me troubleshoot?

Diagnostic: 6611398

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
I took it back to the re-seller and got a new PlayBar, Now it works good again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks for reporting back, baardog. In that case, it could be the cable at fault. Do you, by any chance, have a spare cable that we can test?
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
It says Dolby Digital on the TV, and the problem persist even if I am going straight from Apple-TV to Playbar.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi baardog, thanks for that diagnostic. Can you verify what audio output format your TV is set to? Navigate to the settings menu → Sound → Additional Settings → Audio Format. This should show the SPDIF format. Another thing to try would be to connect the PLAYBAR's optical cable directly to the Apple TV or cable tuner box to see if the problem is originating with the TV.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Now it happened again. Diagnostic: 6623317.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
OK, I will do that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Baardog. The diagnostics came up blank, I'm afraid. Can you power down all your Sonos, then your router. Wait 5 seconds, then switch your Sonos back on. Once they are up and running again, please replicate the issue and send another diagnostic. I'll gladly take a look. Thank you!