Question

PLAYBAR dropping out while watching TV

• 7 December 2016
  • 2 replies

I recently purchased a PLAYBAR and SUB, have had it less than a week, when everything is working it's great.. However the PLAYBAR drops out while watching TV and the SUB continues to play. Once it drops out I have tried to change sources to see if it will come back on, and still nothing. I have also tried to change the SonosNet Channel, and still nothing. All other devices including the PLAYBAR and SUB are wired, and based on the fact the SUB continues to work I don't think it's a wireless issue. Any insight you can provide is appreciated.

I submitted a diagnostics report, the confirmation number is 6835730.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I'm having the same issue - but it happens very infrequently. I ran the optical line from the Playbar to my Sony TV and it will randomly drop of for a second when watching TV.

On the other hand I'm not having any issues with my Play One that's hooked up over wireless to play music - just the Playbar and TV.

I think changing the SonosNet is a huge run-around when it's an issue with the Soundbar. I've also read that plugging it directly into the Cable Box or ATV4 (or any other device) will make it work properly instead of plugging it into the back of the TV.

I just got mine yesterday and I'm going to continue to use it to see how I feel. If it gets worse I'll probably return...
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
confirmation number is 6835730.

Hi, I've reviewed your diagnostic and haven't found any error messages.
would like to possible to wire the PLAYBAR to a cable box and test?

I'm having the same issue - but it happens very infrequently. I ran the optical line from the Playbar to my Sony TV and it will randomly drop of for a second when watching TV.

On the other hand I'm not having any issues with my Play One that's hooked up over wireless to play music - just the Playbar and TV.

I think changing the SonosNet is a huge run-around when it's an issue with the Soundbar. I've also read that plugging it directly into the Cable Box or ATV4 (or any other device) will make it work properly instead of plugging it into the back of the TV.

I just got mine yesterday and I'm going to continue to use it to see how I feel. If it gets worse I'll probably return...

Hi, is your PLAYBAR still experiencing the same issue? If yes, mind submitting a diagnostic and replying with the confirmation number? Here's an article explaining how: How to Submit Diagnostic