Playbar dead

Hello, when I moved house a few years ago, I heavily bought into Sonos products to have integration throughout my house. I have been happy with everything so far.

Unfortunately yesterday my Playbar stopped working, no lights, no response from buttons. I've tried a new fuse/power cable, that didn't help. The thought of paying £700 to replace something only a few years old is a bit eye watering.

Annoyingly the phone lines are closed today, do Sonos offer some sort of repair scheme? I

6 replies

RichTeaBiscuit,

Sonos don’t do repairs in the UK, as far as I’m aware, but they may do an 'out of warranty' replacement service. Presumably the age of the PlayBar will dictate the cost to replace it, I guess.

You will always find 24/7 support on Twitter @SonosSupport ...and they’re also on Facebook.

Hope you manage to get things sorted.
What was the outcome Rich? This is becoming a common thread with Playbars as far as I can assess. Wonder if Sonos is not what it's cracked up to be be as far as quality.
Userlevel 6
Badge +20
MWoo wrote:

What was the outcome Rich? This is becoming a common thread with Playbars as far as I can assess. Wonder if Sonos is not what it's cracked up to be be as far as quality.

HI MWoo,

Just a note, I've removed a few of your posts, there's no need to post the same thing in multiple threads. I've looked into your case and it looks like your Playbar was diagnosed to have a fault in that it no longer powers on. It's not common, but electronics do fail from time to time. This is why we provide a warranty. For products which fail outside of our warranty period, we offer a reduced price replacement fee. If you have questions about this, please reach out to our phone team, our number is found here.
Thank you, Jeff.
I've just had a Sonos Connect fail on me. Judging from what I've read online, Sonos components fail quite regularly and you have no real choice but to pay through the nose to get a replacement. They may look nice but it seems like very low quality components are used.
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
RichTeaBiscuit wrote:

I've just had a Sonos Connect fail on me. Judging from what I've read online, Sonos components fail quite regularly and you have no real choice but to pay through the nose to get a replacement. They may look nice but it seems like very low quality components are used.

To support this assertion, you’d need evidence on the rate of failures, not their absolute number. I bet you have no idea of the percentage failure rate.

Sonos has sold many, many millions of units. As with all products, there will be some rate of failure. Even if that rate is absolutely tiny, the large number of units sold would mean plenty of failure stories.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings