Question

Playbar cuts out w/ TV

• 26 September 2016
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

I just bought a Sonos playbar and Sub. I love the sound but the playbar keeps cutting out for about 1 second, and it will keep doing this like 20 times in a row, and then its fine for a while, and then it will start doing it again. I'm using a brand new Samsung Smart TV.

Please get back to me ASAP as this is very frustrating. I was deciding between the new Bose system or Sonos, would love to keep the Sonos, but if I cant resolve this issue in the next few days I will return the system before the return window ends and buy the bose.

Thanks,
Dan

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi dcd2103, welcome to the community. What is the exact model of the TV you have there? Where is the content you are watching coming from; for example via a set-top box, Blu-Ray player, or apps on the TV itself?

Please also submit a diagnostic and reply with the number.
Hi there. The content is coming from my cable box, an app on my tv (HBO go) and appletv (Netflix), all have had problems. Everything is routed through the TV to the sonos.

My samsung TV is the 60" Class KS8000 8-Series 4K SUHD TV (2016 Model).

http://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/4k-suhd-tvs/60-class-ks8000-8-series-4k-suhd-tv-2016-model-un60ks8000fxza/

Thanks so much!
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
This TV can only output in Dolby Digital Plus. The PLAYBAR needs Dolby Digital (without the Plus). I think we can change the settings on the TV to get around this. Try going into the TV's Settings → Sound → Expert Settings, and changing both Audio Format and HDMI Audio Format to PCM.