Playbar Cuts Out After Updating

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

41 replies

My playbar no longer able to read dolby dogital 2.0. I have to manually set to dolby digital if im watching from the netflix app. If Im watching the youtube app, playbar will not play any sound at all unless i switched it to PCM. My tv is samsung KS8000
Im Having the same problem as Martin_28 though i also get a clicking for a while on some TV (AC3) channels then it finally kicks in and i get some sound, have been experiencing drops in AC3 audio for some time before the 7.4 update and was hoping this was going to be fixed but just got worse, Samsun 65" + Playbar + 2x Play1 and a Sub not a "cheap" setup for bad 5.1 sound 😕
@TheGeMan The clicking is evident on mine also. Noticed since posting.

Effectively I have the same setup as you (Playbar, 2x P1 surrounds, Sub Base, Samsung 65" curved.

Looking at App / About the audio shows as silent or Stereo depending on what I try and from which app.

Also affects Apple TV, with sound coming out when on Movie menus (assumedly stereo) then when the movie starts (and assumedly switches to DD) the sound cuts and the clicking begins.
@Martin_28 I have found since doing a full rest on the Sonos its sorted the clicking, bit of a PITA todo though as needed to setup everything again, - a few other threads were reporting the same issue and this seams to be the "fix" for now.

i still get the 1-2 seconds of sound cutout every now and then when watching a DD feed,
Userlevel 1
Badge
Just checking in again. The problem of DD 5.1 sound cutting out is still happening on my system since the last Sonos update. PCM continues to fix the problem but this hardly a solution.
It appears that they're trying to get all of these issues in to one thread, located here:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/no-sound-on-certain-channels-after-system-update-today-6789926/index1.html
After updating to 7.3, the sound keeps cutting out while watching TV. The only way to get it back is to switch it to another audio source (radio station, music, etc) then quickly switch it back. Again, it only started doing this after I updated. My TV is a Vizio P-55. My diagnostic number is 7546768.
Same thing here!!!! Ever since that update it's been jacked up. They knew about it yesterday. Funny thing is... it was supposedly a new security agreement!!!! It's f'd up everything and I'm stuck in a Hurricane?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
It appears that they're trying to get all of these issues in to one thread, located here:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/no-sound-on-certain-channels-after-system-update-today-6789926/index1.html

As Airgetlam suggests, let's all try to keep this in one thread. We're working on it, but if you'd like I can make a ticket for you. Just submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and put your confirmation number in that thread.
[quote=adragonflym]After updating to 7.3, the sound keeps cutting out while watching TV. The only way to get it back is to switch it to another audio source (radio station, music, etc) then quickly switch it back. Again, it only started doing this after I updated. My TV is a Vizio P-55. My diagnostic
Changing it to PCM fixed the same issue here.
Sonos is consolidating all of the people who are having this issue in this thread:

I assume that if you post there, and give them the requested information, they'll get in touch when there's a fix to the issue.
Same issue here over and over again. Not happy.
Grayline, I'd urge you to read the post before yours for a potential resolution.
I am having the same problem since the 7.4 update. Before the update my Playbar, Sub and (2) PLAY:1 surrounds worked perfectly. No issues whatsover and sounded great! Ever since the 7.4 update the sound takes forever to start when I start watching anything on my TV. When I change channels sometimes the sound is immediate, sometimes it is delayed before it starts. I submitted a diagnostic, 7829637. I don't understand what is taking so long for a fix?! Why can't they revert back to 7.3 or get a fix out quickly. It is frustrating and embarrassing when you have people over and are trying to show off your surround system and there is no sound and you have to explain it is a 'bug' and you are waiting for a fix. I'm sure everyone will want to go buy a Sonos system after seeing my demo 🙂
As I said before in this thread, post a system diagnostic in this thread,

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/no-sound-on-certain-channels-after-system-update-today-6789926

and you'll get a beta which appears to be fixing this issue. Or, you can wait until it gets approved for general release, which I would think would be soon.