Answered

Playbar crackling and audio cutting out after 9.2 update

• 25 October 2018
  • 6 replies

I updated my Sonos system to 9.2, all of a sudden I’m getting crackling noises from my
Playbar every now and then. If the speaker is blown, shouldn’t it always sound like that, not periodically.
I have also noticed the surrounds play: 1s cutting in and out randomly.
Please help!
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 7 November 2018, 17:10

And her is the code for the crackling: 854359774

Hi Sandizzel,

Thanks for sending in the reports. It's not immediately clear from the reports why your Playbar is making the crackling noises. It would be best to have our phone team take a look at this live. Please give us a call, you can find our phone number and hours here.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
The volume cut out again. Here is the diagnostic code: 1346502195
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Sandizzel,

Thanks for sending in the reports. It's not immediately clear from the reports why your Playbar is making the crackling noises. It would be best to have our phone team take a look at this live. Please give us a call, you can find our phone number and hours here.
Hi I'm having the same issue as well... a crackling or hissing noise mostly with people talking. My playbar is connected to a Samsung TV through an optical cable. The diagnostic # is 1561179583
Userlevel 6
Badge +19
Brett, probably best you start a new topic, as this is old and refers to a previous Sonos version. We are on version 9.3 now, have you upgraded.