Question

Playbar - audio works with TV but not appearing in Sonos app and can't add

• 3 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Playbar & sub - audio works with TV, but playbar not appearing in Sonos app for music and can't add.  I have unplugged multiple times, and I have also rebooted router, modem, etc.  This has happened several times before, but usually unplugging it allows me to add it back on.  I removed the sub and I can add that to another room, but not the Playbar room since that doesn’t show up. 

Diagnostic information 558295547

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @MPL63.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the step(s) that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

What is the status of the LED light on the Playbar? 

Is this a brand new speaker you are trying to add to the system?

You may check this article that will show you how to add a new product to your Sonos system. 

Knowing how and through what Sonos is connecting is the great foundation for troubleshooting this successfully.

• May I have the make and model number of any wireless router and/or Access Point that exist on the network? It’s best if we can check any known issue or if there’s an additional configuration needed on the device that is essential for Sonos.

• Please indicate also how these devices are connected to one another (wired or wireless).

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.