Playbar audio drops out

Show first post

179 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
ronj: At this point, I'd recommend giving our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this with you in real time. We can get to the bottom of what is happening with the signal coming to the PLAYBAR and get this sorted. Our contact information can be found here.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I'll try to call the next time it happens. If the first log (#8117374) isn't giving you enough information then I'm not sure what else can be done...I captured that log when the issue was happening.
Badge
Yesterday I added 2 x play3s to my playbar as surround. Today I’m getting drop outs. Any help would be appreciated.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I'll try to call the next time it happens. If the first log (#8117374) isn't giving you enough information then I'm not sure what else can be done...I captured that log when the issue was happening.

I mentioned that I'd call but it's late here, it happened again, I now have a work around, but I think I can help you reproduce the problem as I believe I understand what's happening now. I'm also posting this for the community in case they run into the issue.

Diagnostic #8142510 - taken just after the problem happened, You'll likely see the DD 5.1 stream switch to a DD 2.0 stream. The issue is that the PLAYBAR gets stuck in that mode, except that it's not really a DD 2.0 stream and even worse, the center channel disapears and the back channels are somewhat muffled as I reported earlier.

Diagnostic #8142511 - taken just after the PLAYBAR finally recovers.

Reproducible Scenario
My Tivo Roamio was recording a show. I started watching the show prior to the recording finishing. At the end of the show, Tivo does something to add in the commercial skip functionality to the show. My guess is that whatever they do messes up the PLAYBAR.

Once this happened I tried to unplug the HDMI cable between the TV and the Roamio to no avail. I power cycled the Tivo to no avail. I changed OTA TV channels to well known DD 5.1 channels.... during this the Sonos App still showed DD 2.0.... except when I power cycled the Tivo..the Sonos App showed "silent" at that point. One of two steps will fix the problem: (1) power cycle the PLAYBAR or (2) wait it out for approximately 5 -15 minutes and the PLAYBAR usually recovers by itself and flips back to DD 5.1 and all is well.

My Equipment
1. Tivo Roamio running TiVo Series5 20.7.4.RC2-846-6-846 (latest bits)
2. LG OLED65C7P (2017 Model) - running software version 04.70.07 (latest bits)
3. PLAYBAR, Sub, two Play 1's for surrounds all running 8.2.1 Build: 39247170 (latest bits)