Answered

Playbar and new router

• 30 January 2021
  • 2 replies

I have two play 5s (gen 1), one play 1, a playbar and a sub. I’ve just put in a new WiFi router because of other issues and had to reinstall all my Sonos speakers.

All speakers now work but strangely my playbar would only reinstall with an Ethernet connection and a hard reset. It works fine with tv and sub which is the important thing, but once Ethernet cable is removed it does not appear in my app. When cable goes back in it still does not appear. It only appears immediately after a hard reset (holding button down when plugging in and adding as a new product), reinstall and the cable plugged in. It’s as if it can’t connect wirelessly anymore and once the is cable removed the first time it stays invisible to the app (tv still works fine). There were no issues previously. The router has the same password as previously.

Any ideas to make it reappear on my app again?! Thanks in advance 

icon

Best answer by Mark P 30 January 2021, 15:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @UK2021.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community since you already tried some troubleshooting steps let me try to assist you.

Lets start with the basic setup here are router settings that need to be verified. You can contact your ISP or the manufacturer of the router for assistance.

a. Auto channel must be set to Off

b. Choose best non-overlapping channel (1,6,11)

c. Set channel bandwidth to 20MHz

d. Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz should be enabled

e. 802.11 band should be set to b/g/n

f. Airtime Fairness should be disabled

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Too late now but resetting your devices is almost never a good idea, or required. It was not necessary in your case.

Sounds like the WiFi card in the Playbar may have failed when you did that unneessary factory reset. You’ll need to call Sonos support for them to verify that and take the next steps.