Question

Playbar and LG LED Smart TV error message displayed on tv

• 7 November 2016
  • 3 replies

Got my playbar attached to my LG smart TV, disabled TV speakers, Playbar works fine with the TV using LG and my sky remote, but displays an error message on the TV where volume up or down should appear, it shows a round circle with a line through it!
Anyone know how it can get rid of this symbol on the screen?
Cheers

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

That would probably be in the settings screen for the TV, it would have nothing to do with the fact that Sonos is connected.
Sorted it! it's to do with the sky q remote not knowing the Sonos codes for volume, you just have to program your sky remote to learn the Sonos playbar codes as well as the LG TV codes and any error messages on screen disappear
Excellent!

Sonos doesn't have any method to send pictures back to your TV (well, anything, as far as I can tell) as the optical connection is a one way connection. That means it's something other than the speaker itself causing that symbol to appear.