Answered

Playback stopped connecting to WiFi

• 15 December 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge
A couple of days ago my Playbar did an update.
Not long after the update the sound started cutting out from the TV optical output and it could not be found through the app on any device to stream any music.
The light on the side would flash white for a few minutes, there would be sound from the TV, then the sound would cut out and the light would start flashing white again as if it kept rebooting itself.

I have tried power cycling everything several times.
No settings have changed on the router.
The position of my devices have not changed.
I have factory reset the Playbar which did nothing and it failed to setup on WiFi.
I have connected to the router directly via ethernet, sound works fine with streaming but it still refuses to connect to WiFi.

I have submitted diagnostic report, number 2011950118

Can anyone help?
icon

Best answer by BigHeadSmith 17 December 2018, 19:11

Issue solved (ATM)
Was advised to set the wifi channel to 12 but the Playbar still would not connect to the WiFi.
Tried channel 10 which connected, then moved up to channel 12. This didn't work so settled on channel 11.
My router was originally set to a much lower channel but I noticed interference with neighbours so set it to furthest channel from any of them (13) which doesn't appear to be compatible with the Sonos Playbar (or 12).

So far working fine on channel 11
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge
Issue solved (ATM)
Was advised to set the wifi channel to 12 but the Playbar still would not connect to the WiFi.
Tried channel 10 which connected, then moved up to channel 12. This didn't work so settled on channel 11.
My router was originally set to a much lower channel but I noticed interference with neighbours so set it to furthest channel from any of them (13) which doesn't appear to be compatible with the Sonos Playbar (or 12).

So far working fine on channel 11