Question

Playback issues via Spotify

Hello!

When playing a queue from Spotify and a song is finished, it keeps playing the previous song, but shows that it's playing the next song in the queue, regardless that it's just playing the previous track again.

Is this a known issue or can I do something to resolve this?

I've submitted a diagnostic, #7655411.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Repeat or repeat-once hasn't been enabled in any of these scenarios.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hi! I have the same problem as the previous posters.
Diagnostics number: 7812690

Hi User661519 - Welcome to the community. The patch for your account has been applied. When ready, please update your system.
Hi! I have the same problem as the previous posters.
Diagnostics number: 7812690
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
same problem here. 7810244

Hi janecakemaster,

I've flagged your account for the patch. Please run updates on your Sonos app. Let me know if any issues continue.
same problem here. 7810244
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi everyone,

If you're still having issues with Spotify tracks repeating, please send in a new diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number. We now have a patch we can apply which should help.
We have been struggling with this issue for months and nothing we try seems to help. So, at least temporarily we have signed in to Apple Music. So far the issue is not showing up with Apple Music to Sonos.
Hi again,

It only took 3 songs and the issue occurred again: 7706566
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the description. The instructions below have been followed. Here is the new diagnostic number: 7706524.
I will update you if the repeat track occurs again.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hi MSichlau - My apologies for getting a late update to this post. In a review of the diagnostics, I'm seeing a few errors indicating the router isn't fully passing information to the players, which may attribute to the problem with tracks repeating. We'll want to get full communication back on track by giving all of the Sonos players at your location a reboot as well as the router. When doing this step, power the players and router off, and then power only the router back on. Once the router fully boots, please power all of the players back on. Once the system is back online, try playback from Spotify again and let me know if the tracks are still repeating. Please also include an additional diagnostics at that time.
Hi, you are not alone - there is a similar issue reported here https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/update-to-7-3-spotify-repeating-every-song-driving-me-mental-help-6788618

I have also been facing this issue since the 7.3 update and when I spoke to the Sonos Facebook support I was told that they are working on a fix with Spotify. It happens so frequently i've had to sign up for Apple Music whilst this is fixed because it makes Spotify completely unusable. I'm really hoping this is fixed soon.