Answered

Playback Issue - Music Cuts Out, Error Message Follows.

• 10 June 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
Recently, more often than not during playback, music pulled from my NAS drive will begin"cutting out," and eventually stop altogether. This is followed by an error message stating: "Unable to play "...". Network connection speed insufficient to maintain playback buffer." I have a PLAYBAR, two PLAY 3s, a SUB, and a BRIDGE. The NAS drive is wired in to my network. This problem (as well as a concurrent music library updating issue described elsewhere) are the only two "real" problems I've encountered with Sonos over the four years I've had my equipment. Is it possible that the problem could be that my BRIDGE is beginning to fail? If so, would a BOOST be an advisable potential solution? Any help appreciated. (Diagnostic #7480077)
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 13 June 2017, 19:44

Recently, more often than not during playback, music pulled from my NAS drive will begin"cutting out," and eventually stop altogether. This is followed by an error message stating: "Unable to play "...". Network connection speed insufficient to maintain playback buffer." I have a PLAYBAR, two PLAY 3s, a SUB, and a BRIDGE. The NAS drive is wired in to my network. This problem (as well as a concurrent music library updating issue described elsewhere) are the only two "real" problems I've encountered with Sonos over the four years I've had my equipment. Is it possible that the problem could be that my BRIDGE is beginning to fail? If so, would a BOOST be an advisable potential solution? Any help appreciated. (Diagnostic #7480077)

Hi Greensleeves,

There's some wireless interference showing up between your BOOST and PLAYBAR. This is likely causing the insufficient bandwidth errors. Please try changing the wireless channel your Sonos system is using.

Try each of the 3 channels for a little while and see which is best. It may also help to look around and in between your Sonos speakers for any third party wireless devices. Try moving any such devices away from your Sonos speakers and see if that helps.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Greensleeves,

There's some wireless interference showing up between your BOOST and PLAYBAR. This is likely causing the insufficient bandwidth errors. Please try changing the wireless channel your Sonos system is using.

Try each of the 3 channels for a little while and see which is best. It may also help to look around and in between your Sonos speakers for any third party wireless devices. Try moving any such devices away from your Sonos speakers and see if that helps.
Badge +1
Thanks, Jeff. I did precisely that, and it worked like a charm. My system was set to Channel 11 by default, and after changing to Channel 6 everything was cream cheese! (My system wouldn't allow me to connect to Channel 1 for some reason) Not only did it resolve the "cutting out" issue, but it somehow also corrected the "Music Index Slow To Update" problems I experienced previously. I had never had any need to change channels before, so I'm not sure why it would suddenly act up after four years. Glad to know that the solution is that simple. Thanks again!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks, Jeff. I did precisely that, and it worked like a charm. My system was set to Channel 11 by default, and after changing to Channel 6 everything was cream cheese! (My system wouldn't allow me to connect to Channel 1 for some reason) Not only did it resolve the "cutting out" issue, but it somehow also corrected the "Music Index Slow To Update" problems I experienced previously. I had never had any need to change channels before, so I'm not sure why it would suddenly act up after four years. Glad to know that the solution is that simple. Thanks again!

It's good to hear that things are working. Please send in a new diagnostic report if you have any further issues.