Answered

Playback crash, skip or pause

I stream lossless through Deezer. Playback crash and skip often with message about insufficient internet speed or connection problem with deezer service. I had the same problem with Spotify. I tried changing wireless channels, unplug everything but it happened again. My diagnostic number is 787258500.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 10 May 2018, 22:17

It seems the Boost that is plugged into the router is having a hard time connecting out to the internet. Specifically, I'm seeing a number of DNS errors which normally point to a setting on the router that needs to be changed or addressed. Since the Boost acts as the main source of data, it's important that this connection is solid. I would recommend giving our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time. They can set up a remote session and take a closer look at the router settings and get this sorted.

Thanks!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Had the same problem - here is your answer: BUY THE SONOS BOOST HARDWARE FOR $99! I have 30 Sonos One Speakers in my house, two players, two subs, two Play 1:'s etc.... I even bought the Linksys Velop Mesh Wifi hoping that this would solve the problem... but no. Thought I'd buy the Sonos Boost device for $99 and UNPLUG my Sonos player that was hard wired into the router. Literally within 10 minutes of the system reassigning new IP addresses to all of the speakers on its own dedicated SonosNet2.0 network from the Boost, I haven't had a single drop out or issue at all. Its functioning PERFECTLY. Trust me. Spend the $99 from Amazon, try it, if it doesn't work, send it back.... you can thank me later. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, ufukg. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Could you tell us a little more about the local network? Specifically, I'm curious about the make and model of the router you are using. Additionally, I understand you have a Boost wired into the network, is this directly from the router or is there a switch between the router and Sonos? Thanks!
Hi Keith. Thanks for your reply. I have Asus AC1200G+ router and my boost directly connect to router.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
It seems the Boost that is plugged into the router is having a hard time connecting out to the internet. Specifically, I'm seeing a number of DNS errors which normally point to a setting on the router that needs to be changed or addressed. Since the Boost acts as the main source of data, it's important that this connection is solid. I would recommend giving our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time. They can set up a remote session and take a closer look at the router settings and get this sorted.

Thanks!