Question

Playable doesn't get sound from my Sony TV (Model # KDL-40V2500)

• 29 October 2017
  • 1 reply

I recently purchased a playbase and it doesn't recognize sound from my TV. Yes, it has an optical output and my cable does work and shows red at the end where I connect it to the playbase. My cable is hooked up to my tv via an HMDI cable and I've tried turning off my tv speakers with audio out as fixed, having the sound on my tv on with sound on stereo. Dolby isn't an option. Sony states that "We would like to inform you that the optical jack is designed to output sound when the content you are watching contains digital audio (PCM, or Dolby Digital technology). This feature is available on certain digital broadcasts and streaming video, and isn't supported on standard cable or analog stations."

Need some help on figuring out why my playbase doesn't get sound from my tv...very frustrating.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Update, I plugged in the playbase directly into my cable box and it seems to be working. What I am disappointed about is that my sound from my dvd player or xbox now won't go through my sonos playbase.