Question

Play5 won't re-connect

• 2 February 2017
  • 4 replies

I have a Bridge, a Play3, two Play5s and a Connect on my system. Generally, it works well, but every 2 or 3 months, I have to reset the controller or my home router to reconnect some of the devices. Early this week though, one of my Play5s disconnected and I can't reconnect. I attached it to the Bridge with an ethernet cable. nothing. Then I reset the wireless channel and had to reconnect the devices & all worked except for this Play 5. Any other suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You may be getting some IP address conflicts. I would go into router and assign each sonos unit its own IP address up high in the allowable range on your router so that the router never assigns those addresses to anything else. Turn off all sonos units then, reboot router, turn on bridge followed a few minutes later with the rest and you should be in business.
I thought that this is supposed to be a consumer-friendly family of devices. Is there another option(s)?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
That is best option. THey are pretty consumer friendly but if you want them to have less issues this is best route. No network device is without network issues if left to their own.
Thanks for the comments. I ended up calling support last night and after a bit more troubleshooting, they had me do a factory reset which solved the problem.