Answered

PLay5 stopped working - no power?

Userlevel 2
Without warning, my play5 stopped working this week. It can not be picked up by the app and there is no light on the speeaker itself. I've swapped leads, changed the fuse etc but nothing is wokring. Does anyone have any advice? It's 2 months outside of the warranty now so I assume it'll be a cost to repair it, but where on earth would I take my proze possession to be treated with care and love??
icon

Best answer by Max P 6 July 2016, 13:32

My Play5's no longer works and the light is out. I rebooted the system, unplugged and re-plugged. I even swapped locations and chords and its still not working. Please help.
Hi buckyowen, in this case, the best would be to contact out customer care team by phone. A Sonos agent will be able to offer you live troubleshooting and if needed start an RMA process. Let us know how it goes.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Your best bet is to directly telephone Sonos support. Firstly they will go through some troubleshooting with you to conform whether or not the Play 5 is defective or not. Assuming it is I am sure they will make you a reasonable offer. In that case they would send you an RMA so you would post the Play 5 back to them.

Best to get this started sooner rather than later.

let us know how you get on please
My Play5's no longer works and the light is out. I rebooted the system, unplugged and re-plugged. I even swapped locations and chords and its still not working. Please help.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi buckyowen, in this case, the best would be to contact out customer care team by phone. A Sonos agent will be able to offer you live troubleshooting and if needed start an RMA process. Let us know how it goes.
Same here. My Play 5, 4 years old, just stopped. No light. No sound. Tried everything. I really hope that Sonos has at least good quality as an ordinary speaker and amplifier which last years and years. I am in contact with the support at this moment. It will be very interesting to see how Sonos will handle this. So far so good...
Same here. My Play 5, 4 years old, just stopped. No light. No sound. Tried everything. I really hope that Sonos has at least good quality as an ordinary speaker and amplifier which last years and years. I am in contact with the support at this moment. It will be very interesting to see how Sonos will handle this. So far so good...

Contacted Sonos support. They solved it all! Epic! Thx Sonos! 😃
Badge +1

Contacted Sonos support. They solved it all! Epic! Thx Sonos! :D

How did they fix it?
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Any update on this? Curious to see what happened
My sonos play 5 recently went dead , no light and no sound. Tried swapping the power cables but no result. Kept it aside after a few days tried it again still did not work. Kept it plugged into the power socket for 2 days and voila it worked .Then did a reset and updated the latest software.it was working fine.Then disconnected it from the power supply to check if it actually works well. Unfortunately the system went dead. Have to check in a couple of days....any solution for this issue
I have the same problem in my sonos play 5. have you had an answer from sonos
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi folks,

If you have a Sonos player that won't power on, it is generally best to reach out to our phone support team who can take a look at it live. You can find our phone number and hours here.
the problem is since i am from india, i am not able to send my unit for a replacement. So i a still stuck with the same.
Thinking of opening it up and repairing it with a professional. Fingers crossed.