Question

Play one won’t work - Unable to update

I’ve just bought a play one but can’t get it to work as the Sonos app asks me to check for updates and then says ‘an update has been released but is not available in your app store’ (I have an iPhone and use Spotify). Any ideas on how to get this working? Thanks

12 replies

Try again a little later. There seems to be an update waiting in the queue, and Apple always lags behind a little bit as to when new versions are posted to the App Store. It never takes more than a couple hours.
Thank you!
same here...frustrated to say the least!
Yep buying a brand new product that I was really looking forward to using and Sonos decide to do an update. Now I’ve heard you can’t use voice control to its full potential with Spotify which seems to be a misrepresentation of the advert. 😮
Ansell1983 wrote:

Yep buying a brand new product that I was really looking forward to using and Sonos decide to do an update. Now I’ve heard you can’t use voice control to its full potential with Spotify which seems to be a misrepresentation of the advert. 😮

They are clear on their product info that Spotify voice control won't be available until 21 December.

"Fully supported Spotify voice control will be available 21 December." (as seen on https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/shop/one.html?utm_term=sonos%20one&gclid=CjwKCAiAxarQBRAmEiwA6YcGKDngi-V4PTKW2naFsHhy1MGYN3zUHM05-ZsjHtQoLaLsxIIaUbmVpRoCBagQAvD_BwE&utm_campaign=GGL_UK_EN_SONOS_%20B_ONE_HT_Exact%20%7C%20Active&utm_medium=cpc&gclsrc=aw.ds&utm_source=google&utm_content=GGL_UK_EN_SONOS_%20B_ONE_HT_Exact%20%7C%20Active)
Can’t use either as wont allow me to update....
Is anyone got same issue and now working? Have been waiting for 5 hours now😡😡😡
Come on!! Its been going on for many House now??? Get a grip on it, SONOS😒
Still not working for me. Apple App store says version 8.1.1 last updated 14 November 2017.

My Sonos app says version 8.1.1......:@:@
as per this thread: https://en.community.sonos.com/setting-up-sonos-228990/unavailable-update-required-to-get-started-6794129

Have just used my PC app to update :)
The iOS app version 8.2 is available at the App Store as of now.
Thank you all! Now finally using my play one. Hooray :D

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)