Answered

Play:One Stereo pair cutting out

• 2 December 2018
  • 2 replies

I have two Play One's connected as a stereo pair. Both units are about 12 feet from the wifi access point in the same room. One speaker keeps dropping out randomly. Here's the diagnostic 830586426
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 12 December 2018, 01:14

I have two Play One's connected as a stereo pair. Both units are about 12 feet from the wifi access point in the same room. One speaker keeps dropping out randomly. Here's the diagnostic 830586426

Hi there,

I notice from your report that you have a couple wireless access points and that they are running on different wireless channels. This can make it hard for your Sonos units to stay in sync. Try going into the Ubiquiti settings and make sure all of your access points are running on the same channel and see if that helps.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi there,

I notice from your report that you have a couple wireless access points and that they are running on different wireless channels. This can make it hard for your Sonos units to stay in sync. Try going into the Ubiquiti settings and make sure all of your access points are running on the same channel and see if that helps.
That makes sense. I have three AP's in the house and yes, they're on different channels. I'd rather keep the channels separate to maximize effectiveness of wifi coverage.

I did however move one speaker closer to the other and observed that they're now on the same AP. The issue hasn't happened since. Cheers,