Question

Play One's renaming themselves to "Default Room"

• 27 August 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
I have two Sonos Ones in my Sonos setup. They've been fine since I bought them soon after release, but over the last week or so, they keep renaming themselves to "Default Room". My other Sonos speakers do not rename themselves (several Play:1s and 5s). So far they've renamed themselves 3 times over the last week. I rename them back, but within a day or two, they're both back to being called "Default Room".

I assume it's something to do with their Alexa integration? (given that it's only the Play Ones effected). Any idea how I can fix this? It's really irritating as once they've renamed themselves, it's difficult for me to figure out which speaker is which.

TIA,

2 replies

I assume it's something to do with their Alexa integration? (given that it's only the Play Ones effected). Any idea how I can fix this? It's really irritating as once they've renamed themselves, it's difficult for me to figure out which speaker is which.

TIA,

No. You've added the ONEs to Homekit and renamed them in Apple's Home app. Rename them there accordingly to the Sonos app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

TIA,
No. You've added the ONEs to Homekit and renamed them in Apple's Home app. Rename them there accordingly to the Sonos app.

^Most likely, this is the case. Players don't rename themselves automatically, but something can tell them to change their names. We've seen Homekit do this on the regular.