Question

Play music from subfolder of Music when using "On This Mobile Device"

• 1 October 2016
  • 1 reply

I can plan tracks in the Music folder on my Android device with the "On This Mobile Device" feature. However any tracks in a subfolder are not visible, and I have to move them up a level into Music. This means I can't keep my music and podcasts organized, because they have to be all lumped together in the same folder. Is there a solution to this which allows me to stay organized?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge +1
I can plan tracks in the Music folder on my Android device with the "On This Mobile Device" feature. However any tracks in a subfolder are not visible, and I have to move them up a level into Music. This means I can't keep my music and podcasts organized, because they have to be all lumped together in the same folder. Is there a solution to this which allows me to stay organized?

Hey Carl,

To allow podcasts to appear within your Sonos app the Podcasts themselves must reside in the “Podcasts” folder on your Android controller.
You can find the podcasts folder within the root directory of your Android device. If you have podcasts located in your Music folder, the podcasts will be listed under Music - not Podcasts.

I hope this helps.