Answered

Play Bar playing but no sound. What to do?

• 10 December 2018
  • 3 replies

I just added a Play Bar to my existing system. Setup went smoothly, but never any TV sound from the Play Bar. Also streaming thinks it's playing, but never any sound. Finally it never chimed during setup.

Have tried rebooting, resetting, grouping, ungrouping.

Submitted diagnostic 813468579 (Living Room)
icon

Best answer by Keith N 10 December 2018, 21:53

Hi there, montag2018. Thanks for the post and for sharing your diagnostic report. It seems that the Living Room unit is not seeing any signal from the TV at the time of the diagnostic being submitted. However, if the Playbar is unable to produce any audio at all (regardless of the source) I'd recommend getting in contact with our support team. They are able to take a closer look and determine if the unit needs to be replaced. Thanks!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Thanks, but did you reply to the wrong post? I said nothing about DirectTV or a Panasonic TV.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, montag2018. Thanks for the post and for sharing your diagnostic report. It seems that the Living Room unit is not seeing any signal from the TV at the time of the diagnostic being submitted. However, if the Playbar is unable to produce any audio at all (regardless of the source) I'd recommend getting in contact with our support team. They are able to take a closer look and determine if the unit needs to be replaced. Thanks!
Thanks for the suggestion. I returned it to Best Buy.