Play bar and surround sound issue

• 13 June 2018
  • 5 replies

My two play 1’s are supposed to be surround sound with my playbar connected to my tv. But when i turn the tv on i cannot hear the surround sound speakers on the two play 1’s. It only works when i remove the surround option and play my music. My diagnostic number is 1817434449.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Your tv is probably only sending stereo if its an over air broadcast. Check the sonos app settings for the playbar, it needs to be receiving DD5.1, from Netflix or a dvd etc. Then you should hear sound effects from the rear speakers.
Thank you for your response! How would i be able to locate whether it is DD5.1? I tried going into the playbar settings but don’t see anything
Thank you for your response! How would i be able to locate whether it is DD5.1? I tried going into the playbar settings but don’t see anything

Go to Settings->About My Sonos System. The Playbar entry will show the format currently playing.
This is what it says:

PLAYBAR
Serial Number: 94-9F-3E-6E-59-E9:1
Version: 8.5 (build 42251240)
Hardware Version: 1.9.1.10-1
Series ID: A100
Audio In: No Signal
WM: 0
OTP:
This is what it says:

PLAYBAR
Serial Number: 94-9F-3E-6E-59-E9:1
Version: 8.5 (build 42251240)
Hardware Version: 1.9.1.10-1
Series ID: A100
Audio In: No Signal
WM: 0
OTP:

You have to play something over the TV in order for it to display in the "Audio In" field, in the listing above, nothing is playing. Play a TV source, then check the Playbar entry.