Answered

Play 5 wont connect and fixing hardware on play 1?

• 28 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello everyone, this has been kicking my butt for a while now so decided to reach out.

Have had my gen 2 play 5 connected to my system for years now and a month ago it stopped wanting to work on Wi-Fi, only plays when using an Ethernet cord. I’ve tried resetting it to factoring settings, rebooted router/modem etc with no success but all other speakers are working just fine on Wi-Fi. Submitted a diagnosis 1990799554. hopefully I can get this figured out.

Dropped my play 1 and now rattles horribly with any amount of bass, I guess I can hop on YouTube to try and take it apart to see what’s going on?

icon

Best answer by Shmeeks 29 March 2022, 04:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I should have just went straight to Sonos for help but thanks Ken, within 10 minutes of chatting with them they are covering my play 5 under warranty. Couldn’t be happier with my experience, and just wanted to follow up. Great customer service with Sonos, and they definitely stand behind their product. 

You are perhaps best to contact/chat to Sonos Support Staff via this LINK regarding the diagnostic report submission and see what they are able to discover from that.