Answered

Play 5 wont connect and fixing hardware on play 1?

• 28 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello everyone, this has been kicking my butt for a while now so decided to reach out.

Have had my gen 2 play 5 connected to my system for years now and a month ago it stopped wanting to work on Wi-Fi, only plays when using an Ethernet cord. I’ve tried resetting it to factoring settings, rebooted router/modem etc with no success but all other speakers are working just fine on Wi-Fi. Submitted a diagnosis 1990799554. hopefully I can get this figured out.

Dropped my play 1 and now rattles horribly with any amount of bass, I guess I can hop on YouTube to try and take it apart to see what’s going on?

icon

Best answer by Shmeeks 29 March 2022, 04:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

You are perhaps best to contact/chat to Sonos Support Staff via this LINK regarding the diagnostic report submission and see what they are able to discover from that.

I should have just went straight to Sonos for help but thanks Ken, within 10 minutes of chatting with them they are covering my play 5 under warranty. Couldn’t be happier with my experience, and just wanted to follow up. Great customer service with Sonos, and they definitely stand behind their product.