Answered

Play:5 will not connect to existing group

• 1 January 2020
  • 1 reply

I’ve recently purchased a Play:5 but it will not see my “living room” group but instead creates “living room 2”. I’ve done a hard reset and I’ve also reset the router and unplugged all the speakers. Still no luck. The group I’m adding to has a beam, two ones, and a sub. Diagnostics number 202200271. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 1 January 2020, 05:43

You can’t add another speaker to your 5.1 setup, the two Ones are filling both rear channel slots already. You could remove the two Ones, purchase a second Play 5 and then add them both to the room.

What most folks would do is leave the Beam 5.1 set as Living Room, add the Play 5 as Living Room 2 and then use the Group function on the Room menu to group the two Living Rooms into a single group.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You can’t add another speaker to your 5.1 setup, the two Ones are filling both rear channel slots already. You could remove the two Ones, purchase a second Play 5 and then add them both to the room.

What most folks would do is leave the Beam 5.1 set as Living Room, add the Play 5 as Living Room 2 and then use the Group function on the Room menu to group the two Living Rooms into a single group.