Everything worked well till recently (eg yesterday), but as from this morning the Play:5 no longer seems to connect/work over wifi.
No change was done on wifi network, wifi coverage is excellent and all other devices appear to have no problem with wifi (including other Sonos products).
Resetting the Play:5, restaring the router, assigning a fixed IP address to the Play:5 or selecting another wifi network does not solve the issue.
When network cable is unplugged:
- Play:5 no longer appears as available in the app ('System' page as well 'About My System')
- Play:5 no longer plays any music (eg radio) when I press the play button
- Play:5 appears in the Airplay list on my iPhone, but actual Airplay connection appears to fail
- App function 'Find Missing Products' is unable to retrieve
- App function 'Manage Networks' brings mixed results, only once out of several attempts I managed to get connected to wifi (router lists IP address) ... but the device did not end up in the 'System' page and after restart it was no longer connected
When network cable is plugged in:
- Everything seems to work fine (visible in app & music plays)
Submitted support diagnostics => Confirmation number: 2094225582
Best answer by GuitarSuperstarView original