Play 5 stopped working wirelessly

I have 2 Play 5's in my family room. One just shut off while playing it and I cannot get it to work wirelessly again. It does work if plugged in directly by the ethernet cable. Is this something that can be fixed? I have tried all suggested fixes. Please advise.
Thank you.

6 replies

Badge
I have the exact same issue. Unit has worked for several months. Now it can't be found on my sonos network. It'll work after I connect with an Ethernet cable, but loses connection after the cable is unplugged.
I would recommend that you both connect the PLAY:5 with an ethernet cable, so it shows up in the controller, then submit a system diagnostic , and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
Badge
My diagnostic confirmation number is 1268100098.

Thanks
Here is my diagnostic confirmation number. 275324357
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Hi, rxvert. Hi, bwt88. Thank you both for posting regarding this issue and for providing the diagnostics. Given the data contained in them, it seems you have both encountered a hardware issue with your respective devices. As such, unfortunately, it seems this query would best be addressed by another team. I think it might be best that you get in touch with our support team via telephone. They will be able to help you further. Many thanks, we look forward to hearing from you.
Badge
Thanks Edward. Called. Diagnosed. New Play5 on the way. So far a great experience with Sonos, other than my defective wifi card in the current Play5. ;)

The speaker is awesome, btw.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings