Play 5 stopped working Sonos has zero solutions or support

• 22 May 2019
  • 1 reply

I have a gen 1 play 5 (purchased in 2014) that has worked flawlessly since purchase. It was never used heavily. Just recently it stopped working completely. Called customer service and they think the controls on top are not responding. Play 5 stopped showing up on my system, so I thought it was the WiFi card, but nothing works. Customer support’s only resolution is to buy a new one. Why not offer replacement or repair? I couldn’t be more upset with this support. I was just getting ready to add to my network with a new play 5 and sound bar. I’m so glad I didn’t make the updated purchase. If the play 5 is a brick after 5 years with zero support from Sonos, then why continue to invest. $100 a year for use is ridiculous. Sonos is a joke and there needs to be better solutions to fix your products.

1 reply

My Play 5 Gen 1, stopped working the "on light" disappeared and wouldn't reset. I contacted Sonos support and tried their suggestions which didn't work either, they asked for a photo of the serial number and where it was located in the house which I duly sent to them.
My email was replied to the next day telling me it was still in warranty and they sent me a prepaid return label. Last Friday I repacked the Play 5 and posted it to an address in Poland via UPS (I live in the UK) and yesterday (the following Wednesday) I received a replacement Play 5 Gen 2 which is now up and playing.

Thank you Sonos for your very prompt customer service.