Answered

Play 5 (S100) just dropped off my Sonos network

• 1 June 2019
  • 3 replies

I run a BOOST with 3 Play 1s, 2 Sonos 1s a Playbar and sub as well as. Play 5. Everything has been running happily then the Play 5 just dropped off. I tried setting it up again and it works and can be seen if plugged into Ethernet but not on the sonosnet. Currently it’s flashing white / pulsing white but has been for well over 15 minutes with no additional changes. Love some advice to get this unit back online...
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 2 June 2019, 00:17

If it's working while wired, but not while wireless, it's hard not to think of a potential wifi system/card failure of some type.

But before you go that far, I'd try a simple factory reset of only that speaker, and then re-adding it to your system. If that doesn't change the behaviour, wire it up so it shows in the controller app, and submit a system diagnostic, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it. I tend to suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.
View original

3 replies

If it's working while wired, but not while wireless, it's hard not to think of a potential wifi system/card failure of some type.

But before you go that far, I'd try a simple factory reset of only that speaker, and then re-adding it to your system. If that doesn't change the behaviour, wire it up so it shows in the controller app, and submit a system diagnostic, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it. I tend to suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.
Thanks for that, really appreciate the reply - I have reset it and added it back in with no change. I powered down all units and restarted Boost first then all others but that particular speaker is still missing after every other one picked back up. I will run the diagnostic now and chat to the support team. Thanks for the help! Dan
Yea, my money is on some sort of hardware failure at this point, and that just can't be easily handled here on the forums. Frankly, I think you're better off calling in, rather than contacting the Twitter and Facebook folks, but then you'd have to wait a couple of days.