Answered

Play 5 gen 2. Wireless connection broke. Only works on ethernet. Second speaker that had this happening now. What to do?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Hello,

I have sonos in my whole house, most being play:5 speakers.

A few months ago one of my play:5 gen 2 lost its wireless connection, and Sonos said it was a month out of warranty and wanted $350 to replace it.
I thought that was bad luck.

Today, a 2nd play:5 gen 2 lost its wireless connection and I am not able to get it back on. Everything works well if I plug an ethernet cord.

Is this bad luck? Or should I expect my remaining Play:5 to see the same hardware failure?
For a $500 speaker, I'd expect more than a year of life out of it.

Anyone having the same issues?
The whole house is on SonosNet
icon

Best answer by Keith N 13 June 2018, 20:35

No problem at all, cariacou. Thanks for the diagnostic report. I noticed a few problems with both Portable and Portable 2. I would recommend giving our support technicians a call to get a closer look at this and get your Sonos sorted. Feel free to reach back out or send me a PM if you have any other questions!

Thanks again!
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, cariacou. Let's take a quick look together. Would you mind plugging in the Play:5 that is giving you trouble into the network with the Ethernet cable and submit a diagnostic report? I'll be happy to take a closer look and advise on next steps and what to expect. Be sure to reply here with the confirmation number it gives at the end.

Thanks in advance.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Thank you keith.

I did a diagnostic tonight, number 1959738931
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
No problem at all, cariacou. Thanks for the diagnostic report. I noticed a few problems with both Portable and Portable 2. I would recommend giving our support technicians a call to get a closer look at this and get your Sonos sorted. Feel free to reach back out or send me a PM if you have any other questions!

Thanks again!

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings