Answered

Play 5 gen 2. Wireless connection broke. Only works on ethernet. Second speaker that had this happening now. What to do?

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Hello,

I have sonos in my whole house, most being play:5 speakers.

A few months ago one of my play:5 gen 2 lost its wireless connection, and Sonos said it was a month out of warranty and wanted $350 to replace it.
I thought that was bad luck.

Today, a 2nd play:5 gen 2 lost its wireless connection and I am not able to get it back on. Everything works well if I plug an ethernet cord.

Is this bad luck? Or should I expect my remaining Play:5 to see the same hardware failure?
For a $500 speaker, I'd expect more than a year of life out of it.

Anyone having the same issues?
The whole house is on SonosNet
icon

Best answer by Keith N 13 June 2018, 20:35

No problem at all, cariacou. Thanks for the diagnostic report. I noticed a few problems with both Portable and Portable 2. I would recommend giving our support technicians a call to get a closer look at this and get your Sonos sorted. Feel free to reach back out or send me a PM if you have any other questions!

Thanks again!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, cariacou. Let's take a quick look together. Would you mind plugging in the Play:5 that is giving you trouble into the network with the Ethernet cable and submit a diagnostic report? I'll be happy to take a closer look and advise on next steps and what to expect. Be sure to reply here with the confirmation number it gives at the end.

Thanks in advance.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Thank you keith.

I did a diagnostic tonight, number 1959738931
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
No problem at all, cariacou. Thanks for the diagnostic report. I noticed a few problems with both Portable and Portable 2. I would recommend giving our support technicians a call to get a closer look at this and get your Sonos sorted. Feel free to reach back out or send me a PM if you have any other questions!

Thanks again!