Answered

Play 5 gen 2. Wireless connection broke. Only works on Ethernet.

New Play 5 Gen2 will only connect via ethernet - WiFi stopped working
icon

Best answer by Keith N 18 October 2018, 20:49

Hey there, zyban03. Thanks for the post and thanks for sharing your diagnostic report. The report shows that the Play:5 does have a hardware failure and will need to be replaced. At this point, I would recommend getting in contact with our support team to get this replaced. Be sure to give them the same diagnostic confirmation number you did here, and they will be able to get this sorted.

Thanks again for your patience.

View original

4 replies

Diagnostic Data Uploaded - 1026568254
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
With wired you went into setting...advanced....wifi setup. Completed wizard and still couldn't unplug and work (sometimes takes about 5 minutes to set itself correct so don't rush it).
Should I do this from a full reset? I've read in other threads that it's not advised to do a reset. But I will give this a try when I get home. I should note that I also have a boost...could that be the problem?
Thanks!!
2 x Play 1 (Wireless)
1 x Play 5
1 x Boost
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, zyban03. Thanks for the post and thanks for sharing your diagnostic report. The report shows that the Play:5 does have a hardware failure and will need to be replaced. At this point, I would recommend getting in contact with our support team to get this replaced. Be sure to give them the same diagnostic confirmation number you did here, and they will be able to get this sorted.

Thanks again for your patience.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings