Play:5 Gen 2 Stopped Working.

• 16 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have a Play:5 that stopped working so I did a factory reset.  I can get through the setup process (connecting to Play:5 wifi, finalizing setup). At the end of the process the app says that the speaker was added but may not show up under system.  And something like: Unplug speaker and plug back in to finalize setup under system tab.

However, unplugging it does nothing and the speaker is still unavailable.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @jonasmith, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about what’s happening on your Sonos Play 5, so that we can check the current status of your Sonos system, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Here is the confirmation number. 122027099

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @jonasmith, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Thanks for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system, upon checking, it shows that two separate households were created. Which separated your Sonos Play 5 Gen 2, which may have caused this issue. We need remote access for this issue so that we can walk you through the device controller on the Sonos App. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They’ll ask for screen share with your device controller and give further options on this issue. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Userlevel 1
Badge

RMA’d so resolved this one