Question

Play:5 Gen 2 Stopped connecting to WiFi

• 19 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Good Evening,

I have a setup in my house of a play:1 Play:3 and Play:5, all of a sudden today the Play:5 stopped playing and did not show on the app, rebooted but nothing. I then connected a Ethernet cable and hey presto it came back to life! But now I cannot get it to connect via Wifi at all, even done a reset and it did not get picked up.

I have submitted a diagnostic to sonos support 2093963164

does anyone have anyidea on how to fix? I’ve done all that Is obvious. The other speakers are working fine.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @russell_94, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to know about this issue on your Sonos Play 5 Gen 2. Thanks for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking the report, It shows that the Wi-Fi card on your Sonos Play 5 Gen 2 is broken. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance, more in-depth troubleshooting steps, and to give further options on the replacement of your unit. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.