Answered

Play:5 gen 2 doesn't connect on Wi-Fi anymore

• 26 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I have a multimedia room using Sonos play:1, play: 5 gen 2, Roam and the sub. 

The problem is that my play:5 doesn't work anymore with the Wi-Fi. It only plays if I connect it with the ethernet cable. I reset it and tried to add it back to the multimedia room, but it didn't work…

The ethernet cable is downstairs....and I bought Sonos because I wanted a wireless network!!

Any solutions???

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 26 July 2022, 02:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Offhand, I’d recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and while it is connected with an ethernet cable, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution. However, fair warning, it’s possible that the wifi system on it has given up the ghost. The diagnostic should tell all.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.