Answered

play 5 gen 1 still not working with spotify

• 10 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +3
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 25 replies

Still having issues with my play 5 gen 1 music stops for a few seconds sometimes longer then plays again, only through Spotify though. Tried everything even had a new router still same reauthorised Spotify account from last community contact still same. Been like it ever since sonos decided to change their software and make older products discontinued. Any other advice would be brill. 
thanks in advance 

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 10 April 2021, 18:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I’d be surprised if this was anything to do with the S1 App.  Have a look at my post here: 

Tips & Tricks - Resolving random issues impacting Sonos devices.. | Sonos Community

Badge +3

Thanks for replying I have tried the network thing when it first started doing it made no difference can’t understand Why am I only getting the problem with Spotify I can play music through Amazon music all day without any problems doesn’t stop at all ? Very frustrating 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for replying I have tried the network thing when it first started doing it made no difference can’t understand Why am I only getting the problem with Spotify I can play music through Amazon music all day without any problems doesn’t stop at all ? Very frustrating 

I agree, that’s a bit strange.  You could try changing your wi-fi channel on your new router...

Badge +3

Yep been through all that with sonos support last thing they advised me to do was to change my old bridge for a boost and re authorise my Spotify account. Nothing seams to work 😩

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Just as a test, are you able to connect your Play:5 to your router via an ethernet cable?

Badge +3

Did all that with the support team still same

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Did you submit a diagnostic?