Question

Play 5 gen 1 not connecting

• 7 February 2021
  • 1 reply

I’m  having the same issue that other i was reading about on the forum.

I have a Sonos Play 5 gen 1 that i can’t connect to my network.  I’ve read the article, and tried all the various suggestions including connecting with an ethernet cable but no luck.

I factory reset the speaker and tried to reconnect it.  I can see it but it won’t connect.

When i do the ethernet cable option, and hit the two buttons together i get the chime, but that’s as far as it goes.  After that i get the “can’t connect” message.  I have another Play 5 and Play 1 that are working fine.  I just submitted a diagnostic…  Please advise.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Are you creating a brand new Household with this Play:5 speaker, or are you adding it to the existing Sonos setup?

Can you confirm that you are using the S1 Sonos App (black icon) and not the S2 Sonos App (gold icon). Is this a speaker you have used previously, or one that you have recently acquired/purchased.

Have you seen it working previously?