Question

Play 5 Gen 1 has no power.

• 18 October 2020
  • 1 reply

I have a Gen 1 Play 5 that was working today. I added a new mesh wifi and was attempting to move the speaker to the new system. I unpluged the speaker during the move to the new wifi mesh. When I plugged it back in, it would not power up. No Lites on the unit and it no longer appeared on the old wifi system. I checked the power cord and used multiple good outlets with no luck.

Are there any solutions to fix this speaker?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @rdsch.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. I understand the situation you’re in. Having a device that suddenly not work and not power on is not a good experience to have. Let us help you out.

I would like to recommend contacting our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps or possible product replacement.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,