Answered

play 5, drops out.

• 3 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello Sonos,

I have a problem i can’t figure out, it started not long ago.

we have a play 5, in our living room, sonos one sl, in our kitchen, and a play 1, on our first floor. 

When We play music, and have them all 3 playing, then the play 5, drops out - if i disconnect play 1, then there is no problems.

if play 5 is running, then i cant get play 1 to work.  diagnostic report : 1249672719

kind regards

Lars Renner

icon

Best answer by Corry P 7 June 2021, 16:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging the Play:5 from power for about a minute and rebooting your router.

If this doesn’t fix the problem, you can try wiring one of your Sonos speakers directly to the router with an ethernet cable.

Also, read this article on how to reduce WiFi interference:
https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3286?language=en_US

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Uxen 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you follow @GuitarSuperstar’s advice about reducing interference - the Play:5 is reporting periodic interference.

I also noticed you have an Asus router. If the router has updated it’s firmware recently (it may have done this automatically), you may need to factory reset it. There have been many cases where this is the only step that helps.

After the reset, please ensure that Airtime Fairness and Quality of Service (QoS) are both disabled in the router’s settings.

If this doesn’t help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Hello,

I’ve fixed it by useing an ethernet cabel in our play 1. We have a wifi extender next to it, so the cabel was no trouble at all.

Thanks for the quick replays :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Uxen 

If you’ve ethernet-wired your Play:1 to a WiFi extender, you may encounter issues if your phone/tablet is connected to the main WiFi. This setup is unsupported (we’d prefer you to wire direct to the router) but if it works, it works.

I’m glad you’re able to listen to your tunes again!